Is My Project Eligible?
Is My Project Eligible?
The application process for Postcode Community Trust's grants programme is very simple. All you need to do is complete an expression of interest form. If successful after this stage, you will be invited to fill in a full application form on-line.
Please note that we now only accept applications for projects that meet the following funding theme:
- Overcoming barriers to participation in community activities in creative and sustainable ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to grass-roots, sports, arts and other recrational activities
The list below shows the key things we do and don’t fund:
What We Fund
- Projects that aim to make a difference to local communities
- Registered charities, voluntary organisations, community interest companies and social enterprises
- Requests from £500 - £20,000 (£10,000 Wales)
- Projects of a maximum of 12 months in duration
- Purchase of capital items and equipment (e.g. sports, play, creative and training resources)
- Staffing/training costs of up to 50% of total amount requested
- Running costs of up to 20% of the total amount requested
- Volunteer Expenses up to 25% of the total amount requested
- Marketing costs of up to 10% of the total amount requested
- Building renovations that have an ecological or wider impact on the services an organisation can provide
What We Don't Fund
- Organisations that are not based in or do not bring a benefit to Scotland, England or Wales
- General promotional or awareness-raising appeals
- Online/web resource development projects
- General heritage/restoration projects
- Events such as day trips, galas/festivals, residential breaks, conferences, competition entry or activity weekends
- Hospices or end of life care
- Statutory bodies that the state has an obligation to fund (inc. schools/PTAs, councils and local authorities)
- Medical equipment or research
- Any type of feasibility or research studies
- General refurbishments, repairs and access improvements
This is not a full list of everything that we do and don’t fund. Please read the Guidance Notes fully to ensure that you are aware of what is eligible for funding.
If you wish to apply for a project which does not meet the above criteria, please click here to find details of other trusts with grant programmes supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.